8 Facts ~ Wedding EditionOctober 11, 2007
Margaret New13letterlastname had tagged yours truly.
I’m all up for a taggie-poo too.
Since she’s a brand-spankin’ newlywed, it’s all about the wedding.
So, here you have it, 8 Facts about MY wedding:
1. We live in NY and dragged 50 people to Napa Valley to watch us say ‘I Do”. Well, not actually dragged. Suckered them… into taking a vacation to Napa is more like it. I’m not JMillionaire or anything.
2. Before I got married, I was religion-less. I converted to Catholicism so we could have a traditional Catholic ceremony. I truly thought I’d remain true and faithful to the religion since RCIA made it so real for me…but I have sinned. I haven’t even been to church in over 3 years…not counting weddings and stuff. It just doesn’t feel true anymore.
3. Our priest was a long-haired hippie with kickin’ body odor. He was one of the sweetest men I have ever met and he sang the prettiest Ave Maria I have ever heard. I still think of him today.
4. My Maid-of-Honor canceled on me a month before the wedding and a week before my surprise bridal shower. Well, not canceled, I kicked her out. You see, before we decided to get married in Napa, I asked the important people if they would be able to make it. And if they financially or emotionally couldn’t..we would get married in NY. She told me she was so excited and couldn’t wait for Napa..she’d follow me anywhere to see me get married.
Then, she decided she was afraid to fly and couldn’t afford the trip and a whole slew of other maladies came up that was making it difficult to travel. So she told me in an e-mail what a bad friend I am for forcing her to do this and blah, blah, blah so I told her she was uninvited. I don’t force people to do anything…except use the potty. I didn’t need that crap back then…I still haven’t spoken to her.
5. My stand in Maid-of-Honor isn’t all that mentally stable either…I’m still not sure what I was thinking.
6. Or maybe it’s me who’s not mentally stable. I seem to not be speaking to either of them these days…But when someone tells your kid she’s ruining their social life- you tend to take that personally.
7. My wedding cake was the best thing ever. Yes, it is in a wine cellar. Yes, those are champagne grapes hanging off of it…It was fondant with candy bar filling. I know. Heaven.
8. I knew I wanted my dress even before I tried it on. I saw it in a bridal magazine and fell in love. It was the only dress I tried on and I purchased it the same day I hunted it down. It was a Jim Hjelm strapless, empire waist, chiffon jammie with long, flowing, chiffon~off the shoulder sleeves…Like a renaissance princess. Also, I designed my own headpiece, not a veil, a beaded crown with a long, chiffon ribbon hanging from the back…70 bucks. The cheapest part of the day.
I can’t believe these are the only pictures I have on a disk. I gotta get a scanner!
So there you have it.